Gas leak at Marathon Cheese

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

MOUNTAIN HOME, Idaho (Jan. 7, 2019) Mountain Home Fire Department responded Jan. 4 to a report of a gas leak at Marathon Cheese at approximately 4:30 a.m. Shortly after arrival MHFD evacuated personnel from the facility and began testing for gas and carbon monoxide. All levels detected by MHFD and Intermountain Gas were below what is considered to be toxic to humans, and Intermountain Gas Company representatives gave Marathon Cheese management clearance to resume work.

A second call came in near midnight Friday to which MHFD again responded. At that time, MHFD discovered a regulator on the side of the building that was clogged but was not associated with the reported leak. Again, all gas and carbon monoxide levels detected were within safe ranges.

A third call came in Saturday morning at approximately 8 a.m. Fire Chief Mark Moore was the first to respond. Intermountain Gas and the MHFD tested for gas and carbon monoxide a third time. All levels were within safe ranges.

MHFD wants to acknowledge the dedication and responsiveness displayed by Intermountain Gas which responded each time the fire department did in an effort to pinpoint the issue. Marathon Cheese management and staff were cooperative and helpful throughout the process.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: