Mountain Home man perishes in trailer fire

Friday, November 30, 2018


Mountain Home (Nov. 30, 2018) – Fire and police are investigating a trailer fire that killed a Mountain Home man early this morning.

Emergency responders, who were called out at 6:18 a.m. to a residence located at 400 P Street KOA, arrived to find it fully engulfed. Mountain Home Firefighters implemented immediate rescue upon arrival and extracted the victim before the flames were extinguished. He was rushed to Saint Luke’s Elmore, where he later died. Mountain Home Police Chief Russell Griggs said the man’s name will be withheld until his next of kin are notified.

The State Fire Marshall’s Office and Mountain Home Fire Department have determined the fire was accidental. Specifically, combustibles were stored too close to a space heater. Additionally, Fire Chief Mark Moore stated firefighters noted that no smoke alarms were sounding at the time of their arrival, meaning they were either not in place or were inoperable at the time the fire broke out. Citizens are reminded of the importance of ensuring your smoke alarms are working properly and tested regularly.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: