Mountain Home budget hearings to commence May 9
City agencies and local civic groups will meet in coming weeks to iron out the details of their respective budgets as they prepare for the new fiscal year.
Like other communities, Mountain Home operates under a fiscal year plan, which runs from Oct. 1 to Sept. 30.
The preparation times for the Fiscal 2017 budget are tentatively scheduled for the following dates and locations. City officials will hold each meeting at city hall in the council chambers.
Representatives from the Mountain Home Public Library will provide testimony during the regularly scheduled city council meeting, which begins at 6 p.m.
* 6 to 6:05 p.m. -- City budget document review
* 6:05 to 6:20 p.m. -- Economic development office
* 6:20 to 6:35 p.m. -- Fire department
* 6:35 to 7:15 p.m. -- Parks and recreation, cemetery and sanitation departments
* 7:15 to 7:30 p.m. -- Police department and animal shelter
* 6 to 6:45 p.m. -- Water, wastewater and street departments
* 6:45 to 7:15 p.m. -- Building, planning and airport departments
* 7:15 to 7:30 p.m. -- Desert Canyon Golf course
* 7:30 to 7:45 p.m. -- City hall
The following civic groups will provide testimony during the regularly scheduled city council meeting, which begins at 6 p.m. -- Mountain Home Senior Center and Meals on Wheels program, Mountain Home Public Transit and Mountain Home Visitor's Center.
The Mountain Home Historical Society, Mountain Home Arts Council and Elmore County Domestic Violence Council will provide testimony during the regularly scheduled city council meeting, which begins at 6 p.m. at the city council chambers.
* 6 to 8 p.m. -- Initial prioritization meeting and council work session.
* 6 to 8 p.m. -- Prioritization meeting and department head follow up, which may include final discussions and decisions for the city's tentative fiscal budget.
For more information on the budget hearings, call city hall at 587-2104.