Political Forum: Mayor of Mountain Home welcomes the illegals & undocumented

Posted by lifetimemthomey on Wed, Jun 19, 2019, at 1:37 PM:

This is the Speech the Mayor of Mountain Home Richard (Rich) Sykes gave at Cinco de Mayo celebration at the Park. 2019

"I’m going to shift my message just a little bit. In 2016 I met the local Hispanic community at West Elementary most of them were frightened do to President Trump Winning office. That night I promised and stated that ICE would not come to their door and the City would not come grab them to break them from their families. As your mayor I have held up my promise to you. Mountain Home is One Town, One Team, One family legal or non-documented. As your mayor I don’t care if you came her legally or illegally or non- documented or documented If you are here and giving back to this amazing community and are a positive part of this community you are my family. I truly love respect and admire the Hispanic culture and the people. I would like to share a fun fact with you today. Did you know the Hispanic community in the entire United States has a consumer buying power of one point seven Trillion Dollars Yes that is one point seven Trillion Dollars. That is huge. With that number that is so high that means you have the power to shift the change how this country is ran and pick your future leaders. You have the opportunity to get out and vote and I encourage you all to do so at all levels locally, state and Federal. You the Hispanic demographics can do one of 2 things don’t use your economic power to effect change or Use It to have the American dream of a better quality of life. To DACA and my dreamers out in the crowd I stand before you today to say you can also have the American dream. My wife Kim and I have found a program that allows you to own your own home. And that’s why I am proud to say Movement mortgage is offering home loans to DACA and the dreamers. As your mayor I continue to fight for my citizens legal or not fight for a better quality of life here in Mountain Home for all of us. God bless you thank you for your time today and let’s join the Cinco de Mayo celebration where’s the Tequila oh wait its right here cheers"

Replies (2)

• WOW, invitation for illegals etc. to vote. Sounds just like Mr. Obama. I don't know what this speech was supposed to promote but it sounds a lot like sanctuary. Tim Standish must be worrying the heck outta him.

-- Posted by goatbeard on Tue, Aug 20, 2019, at 7:30 AM
  • I doubt he is worried about the story telling plumber. But he should be worried about not getting elected again.

-- Posted by lifetimemthomey on Mon, Aug 26, 2019, at 9:48 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: