Political Forum: Elections

Posted by goatbeard on Mon, Oct 16, 2017, at 7:27 AM:

The WECRD fiasco is beginning anew. Signs showing up to recall two of the current directors, and a couple new names showing up too. I wonder how these new candidates think they can do better than those we have. They also have no experience with recreation, contracting, building, land development etc. People who retired militarily over two decades ago, retired from state jobs over a decade ago looking for a little monetary padding for their livelihood. If we don't have any good candidates we should just have a vote to dissolve the whole mess. I don't see it ever giving the people anything they originally voted for. Some local activities have benefited from this, and those entitlements have been quite questionable. Local organizations have targeted WECRD as an easy touch to fund their activities. Somehow, some way that taxing entity needs to be fixed. With the current body of candidates and administrators, it seems the best way is to just dissolve the whole mess and let the voters, who probably think differently about it now, decide where to put the tax money they've donated to do the most good.

Replies (1)

FYI, is dissolved any monies left over once all obligations are paid off, go the county to be used for recreation. That is state law and has been brought in the past. I do agree that either move ahead or dissolve this fiasco.

-- Posted by B Mullen on Tue, Oct 17, 2017, at 6:59 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: