Political Forum: WECRD

Posted by goatbeard on Thu, Jun 15, 2017, at 7:14 AM:

Friends of Recreation Group. I guess a lot is going on with the rec district and none of it is fully understood by the voters. Channel 2 talking to the people who want a building seen on the news last night. I don't feel the whole story was told. This thing is a political nightmare and should be voted away. There's a lot of money in the coffers now and it's still not enough to have a really self sustaining facility built. None of the board members, at least in my opinion, are really qualified to oversee such a huge project. The list of blunders shows that. A huge building was proposed but it appeared to be unfinished. There were more meeting rooms and closets than recreational spaces. And upon completion it appeared to actually be incomplete. All these recalls and petitions are not accomplishing anything except causing more anxiety among the locals. If the current board members are recalled, who will replace them. Seems no person with the proper credentials for operating such an organization is even interested in running. No money should be doled out untill it's spent on what the original voters thought they were going to have in the end. This can go on forever. In the end, WECRD will spend more on wages and office space than most private businesses in the area. Instead of recalls and petitions, lets disband the thing and find a better way.

Replies (2)

• Finally somebody says it, disband the WECRD and give the money to Parks and Rec. This has been nothing but a scam from the start. A skate park brings only something for a small part of the town, not something for the entire town to enjoy. WECRD is a joke.

-- Posted by MHSatanist1 on Thu, Jun 15, 2017, at 12:37 PM

Do some research. If the WECRD is dissolved, after obligations are paid and assets sold off, any funds left over go to the COUNTY to use for recreation per Idaho Code. I am on the fence as to keep it or not. And not matter what is built or done, not everyone will be pleased. Just saying.

-- Posted by B Mullen on Fri, Jun 16, 2017, at 5:07 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: