Political Forum: City and County

Posted by WCCW on Tue, Apr 18, 2017, at 3:47 PM:

Just a few thoughts: since Mayor Sykes was called out I haven't seen him drive his tax paid car to his other full time job. Guaranteed we are all watching. He is however still going on any free trip he can. Well, not free per say, our hard earned tax dollars pay for those. I haven't seen any commissioners take trips the way this mayor does. I'd like to see the total of what he has taken to date. Maybe Wendy M. Could gather that info?

In related news, the City building dept is still one of the worst run government offices. Not friendly, not pro business, not welcoming. Economic Dept should take over the first stop for all, not McCain or Brenda the rock wall admin.

The County could also use a customer service overhaul. How hard is it to actually smile these days? The first stop is the metal detector, then a confusing layout with no help as to where to go. But when you do ask, it's as if you have bothered the employee to no end. That is after you wait and clear your throat a few times for them to look up.

As poor sounding as Chloe Wilson is to read,she makes some valid points. Who exactly are these hens that get together though? Do tell Chloe??

Replies (3)

• WCCW

You can go to city hall and request all the record about the Mayors trips and the dollar amount he is send

-- Posted by Brenda Franks on Thu, Apr 27, 2017, at 11:40 AM

People working public service positions have to deal with all types of personality types. I think Brenda does a fine job at what she does and would take 'rock wall admin' as a compliment. Phone calls from telemarketers and pushy salespersons can be taxing and working as the first line of defense to protect other personnel or co-workers from them is a commendable and hard position to hold.

GO BRENDA!

-- Posted by LongTimeListener on Fri, Apr 28, 2017, at 9:50 PM

So people have issues with the Mayor taking a city vehicle home but none with workers taking city vehicles home or using them to run personal errands while at work? Seen many a city vehicle stop so the worker could take care of personal errands like banking, haircuts and food shopping. Come on man !!!!

-- Posted by B Mullen on Sun, Apr 30, 2017, at 5:45 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: