Giving ThanksPosted Thursday, November 24, 2011, at 6:42 PM
It's the evening of Thanksgiving and I started thinking of the the things I'm thankful for.
1) I'm alive.
2) My family and friends, including all of you.
3) I have a JOB. I may whine about it at times, but at my age, I am thankful to have a job. I truly do enjoy my line of work and am quite good at it.
4) My boss. She took a chance on me. She made me my earn her respect. She has shown her respect for me as a person and a professional.
5) That I live in a country where I am allowed to voice my opinion without fear.
6) The prospect of meeting and having coffee and some nice discourse with CJW and Buckshot.
7) That my Mother is no longer in pain, and was allowed to go the way she chose.
There are many other things, but these are at the top of the list.
Showing comments in chronological order
[Show most recent comments first]
A View From The Independent Side
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
- Send email to Roy Pratt
I'm an almost 61 year old transplant from California 6 1/2 years ago. I work in road construction, those dastardly flaggers. My family roots go back to New England farms, not the big city. The last town I lived in when in California grew from 16K to 40K in 10 years, and that was enough to drive me out. I don't engage in or tolerate name calling. Name calling reduces an adult discussion to grade school play yard level. I have never served in the military, but have family members who have, dating back to WW1. I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican. I am neither extremely Liberal or Conservative. I am raising my 16 year old grandson, not what I expected at this age, and dealing with those issues as well as my health and near retirement which are 2 things I intend to talk about. I decided to try my hand at this thanks to the warm welcome I have received on Mike's blog. When I take a position, I will defend it until I am shown that I am mistaken, and when that happens, I apologize. There are other things about me that will come out over time I'm sure.
Hot topicsThis is a Man and a Company that GETS IT! A celebration of what America should be about!
(43 ~ 7:25 AM, Mar 2)
What the next World War might look like
Ever wonder what the air could look like without the EPA?
News flash from Fox News
MARRIAGE IS CIVIL RIGHT ( RITE) AS WELL AS RELIGIOUS SACRAMENT