Myron “Myke” Kenneth Davis

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Myron “Myke” Kenneth Davis, 93, passed away of natural causes on February 10, 2021, in Rochester, Washington. He was born June 15, 1927, in Kansas City, Missouri. Over the years, Myke also lived in Mountain Home, Idaho; Copperopolis, California; San Jose, California; and Olympia, Washington.

He graduated as a mechanic from a vocational high school in Kansas City, Missouri. He was drafted into World War II, and served as a mechanic for the U.S. Navy during the Korean War. He was a Seaman Second Class, SV-6, and was in the U.S. Naval Reserves, Deck Force, Quarter Master.

Professionally, he worked for Baldwin Motor Cycle Sales and Service in Kansas City, Kansas, as a cycle repair mechanic; Smith Corona as a sales and spokesperson in Olympia, Washington, and San Jose, California; Calaveras Telephone Company; and Copperopolis Asbestos Mine and Plant. He also was a volunteer fire fighter for the Copperopolis Fire Department.

Myke married Bernice Marion Wood. She passed away March 19, 2001. He then married Della Collins in Mountain Home.

Myke was fun-loving, honest, dependable, steadfast, stable, kind, loyal, and easy going. He was an all-around good man. He loved woodworking and traveling. He was a member of the Community of Christ (RLDS), VFW, Elks, Lions, Copperopolis Homeowners Association, Good Sam Club, Mountain Home Idaho High Desert Travelers, and the National Wood Carvers Association.

He is survived by his wife, Della Collins, of Mountain Home; brother, Daniel Davis of Corpus Christi; son, Robert Davis, of Missouri; four grandchildren, including granddaughter, Danette (Bryan) Jones, of Rochester; and three great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his grandparents, William and Elisabeth Bath; father, Kenneth Spencer Davis; mother, Ada Catherine Davis Bowers; wife; Bernice Davis; daughter, Rena Davis Karsunky; and brothers, Paul Davis and Dick Davis.

In honor of Myke’s service as a volunteer fireman, his family suggests memorial donations be made to your local fire department.