UPDATE: State lawmaker released from hospital

Monday, June 29, 2015

State Representative Pete Nielsen was released from a Boise hospital on Tuesday following an incident near his home in the vicinity of Mountain Home Air Force Base on Monday.

According to information from his family, Nielsen was released from St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Center with minor injuries reported.

Nielsen was reportedly burning weeds near his residence off Easy Street southwest of town when he reportedly collapsed around 1:15 p.m. Monday. An initial call received by the county dispatch office indicated that he was lying on the ground and surrounded by flames but was pulled away from the fire by bystanders.

The fire happened Monday afternoon near the home of State Representative Pete Nielsen.

A air ambulance from Boise was called in to transport him to St. Alphonsus where he was initially listed in fair condition.

View 3 comments
Note: The nature of the Internet makes it impractical for our staff to review every comment. Please note that those who post comments on this website may do so using a screen name, which may or may not reflect a website user's actual name. Readers should be careful not to assign comments to real people who may have names similar to screen names. Refrain from obscenity in your comments, and to keep discussions civil, don't say anything in a way your grandmother would be ashamed to read.
  • *

    OMG, I hope he is ok and will keep him in my prayers.

    -- Posted by B Mullen on Mon, Jun 29, 2015, at 10:43 PM
  • Here's a little update. My father, Pete Nielsen, has been released from St. Al's hospital. We are very thankful he walked out of the hospital with a couple blisters and scratches. Thank you to the paramedics, life flight, and hospitals that took great care of him! Also, a special thank you to his neighbors who called for help and took immediate action of pulling him to safety. We are happy to report he is having dinner with his wife and everyone is healthy. ♡

    -- Posted by javamonroe on Tue, Jun 30, 2015, at 4:06 PM
    Response by Brenda Fincher Publisher:
    We are so happy to hear that. When we called today to get an update on Pete's condition we were given a different story so we reported for tomorrow's paper that his condition was now more serious. I will have the editor put a much better happy update on the website in the morning. The paper was already printed and in distribution tonight. We apologize for the incorrect update and are so pleased to hear he is out and doing better. We wish for a continued speedy recovery.
  • So sorry to hear about the accident, but glad he is recovering.

    -- Posted by Melba Megensik on Tue, Jun 30, 2015, at 11:15 PM
Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: