Banter Box: P&Z

Posted by goatbeard on Wed, Jul 18, 2018, at 9:23 AM:

Meeting tonight, 7pm at Elks. Consider variance for towing business and impound lot on corner of N18th and Beeman rd. This is asking forgiveness, not permission. Business has two wreckers, chainlink enclosure with tarp to hide contents. Seems the P&Z are considered a joke here. You put your junk pile together and when someone complains, then you ask forgiveness. This is an agricultural residential zoned area. But, the precedent has been set. This same type of situation has happened 3 times previous to this. We now have kennels, gun shops, beauty salons, and I presume soon a junk yard. Thanks P&Z for an excellent job.

Response by Stephanie Root, Editor, Mountain Home News:
I just wanted to give you an update on the County P&Z meeting. They actually hold their meetings at American Legion Post #26, but tonight's meeting has been cancelled and this public hearing is now scheduled for their next meeting scheduled for August 1, 2018.

Replies (1)

• My mistake.....American Legion was the correct answer. But now the question is, how did they plan a meeting and then didn't have a quorum. I think they are trying to skirt the issue because this junk yard has been operating there illegally for months. And a statement was made to that effect showing P&Z probably knew that. All is not well in that office.

-- Posted by goatbeard on Wed, Jul 18, 2018, at 8:11 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: