Banter Box: Highway 51 construction

Posted by ??ReallyPeople on Wed, May 30, 2018, at 9:08 AM:

So I see all these lighted signs about construction and "major" delays for 51 and Airbase road, yet can find no definitive information about what is happening, where exactly and for how long? ITD doesn't show anything. Is this the stupid plan for switching from one-way to two-way streets? Is this more cheap *** chip sealing and grooving in some lame attempt to make the roads better? Does anyone really know what's going on? (specifically with regards to the June 4th construction signs)

Replies (3)

Hwy 51 work on the Loveridge Bridge. Airbase road is to mill and pave from Airbase Chevron to the light at Les Schwab. If you go to 511 Idaho and see a blue box with a number in it, click on it and the information shows.

-- Posted by B Mullen on Sat, Jun 2, 2018, at 7:21 AM

I have to admit that ITD did send out a notice. Was going through the pile of mail and I found a flyer that they mailed out about Airbase Road. It did say from June 4th to July 6th but now the reader boards say till Sept. WTH????

-- Posted by B Mullen on Sun, Jun 17, 2018, at 6:13 AM

Yeah we got the flyer "after" the work started and the cones and signs were up. Another example of our government in action. SMH

-- Posted by ??ReallyPeople on Tue, Jun 19, 2018, at 11:13 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: