1. Superior market knowledge - a local realtor constantly tours their market and knows the inventory. Photos online don't always show the true story of a home. A local agent will be able to show you homes quickly and share vital information that will end up saving you time and money. We are currently in a strong sellers market with very little inventory. Homes that come on the market are not staying on the market long as they are receiving multiple offers in most cases. A local realtor is available to get you into these properties in a timely manner and has better knowledge of the local market. They are experts in how to negotiate in these cases and have a better chance of getting your offer accepted.
2. Neighborhood experts - A local agent not only knows all the specific neighborhoods inside and out, but often has friends and clients in each one that can be made available if needed. While getting information from your agent is nice, hearing directly from people who live in the neighborhoods you are looking to buy is even better.
3. Strong Relationships with other agents - A good local agent will network with other local agents to get the scoop about homes that may be coming on the market in the future or learn about a seller who has suddenly become “highly motivated” and is open to offers. You’d be shocked about the kind of information that is passed between local agents, things that will never appear on line.
4. In The Know – Local agents are aware of upcoming changes that may affect the housing market. Some may be good, and some could negatively impact values. They are also always hearing the latest community gossip at the local softball field and PTA meetings, information that sellers don’t tell their own agents. Things get discussed in small circles in every community and a good local agent will know about them and be able to share with their clients.
5. Negotiations - Agents that work together and know each other are more likely to work with local agents. Would you rather work with someone you know or someone you have never worked with before?
6. Keep money in the neighborhood - When you shop local your money stays local. When you use local agents more money is kept and spent locally and helps the local economy.
7. Invest in the community - By using local agents you are investing in the local economy. by using a local agent, a local title company is handling the escrow, a local Home inspector is inspection the home, a local insurance company may insure your home. These are all ways that a using a local realtor impacts a local economy.
I look forward to additional questions and assisting with any needs you may have!