Giving ThanksPosted Thursday, November 24, 2011, at 6:42 PM
It's the evening of Thanksgiving and I started thinking of the the things I'm thankful for.
1) I'm alive.
2) My family and friends, including all of you.
3) I have a JOB. I may whine about it at times, but at my age, I am thankful to have a job. I truly do enjoy my line of work and am quite good at it.
4) My boss. She took a chance on me. She made me my earn her respect. She has shown her respect for me as a person and a professional.
5) That I live in a country where I am allowed to voice my opinion without fear.
6) The prospect of meeting and having coffee and some nice discourse with CJW and Buckshot.
7) That my Mother is no longer in pain, and was allowed to go the way she chose.
There are many other things, but these are at the top of the list.
Showing most recent comments first
[Show in chronological order instead]
Respond to this blog
Posting a comment requires free registration:
Thoughts from an old progressive
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
- Send email to Roy Pratt
Almost 65 and retired. Raised by an East Coast liberal. I am also a child of the sixties.
Hot topicsThe times are changing
(4 ~ 4:07 PM, Jun 29)
What the next World War might look like
Ever wonder what the air could look like without the EPA?
News flash from Fox News