What this country really needs.Posted Monday, November 14, 2011, at 7:18 PM
1) A balanced budget amendment with REAL teeth.
2) The prohibition of borrowing from foreign sources.
3) The repeal of the War Powers Act.
4) A Constitutional Amendment requiring a fully funded Rainy Day Fund equal to 50% of the most current budget and NO tax cuts until that occurs.
5) A limitation on budget increases year over year of no more than 3% after inflation.
6) All declared wars must be fully funded. If borrowing is required, money can only be borrowed from Americans.
7) Funds for natural disasters may be borrowed, but only from Americans. (These things can't be budgeted for)
8) Real honest to God campaign finance reform!! NO PACS, NO SUPERPACS, NO CORPERATE CONTRIBUTIONS, $2000 LIMIT ON INDIVIDUAL DONATIONS. Now if a candidate wants to self fund a campaign, so be it, but it can't be a LOAN to a campaign. I am freaking tired of elections being BOUGHT BY THE HIGHEST BIDDER!
9) A national Primary Day with campaigning limited to 6 weeks prior to the primary, 4 weeks till the convention, then the general election 6 weeks thereafter.
10) Term limits for Senators and Representatives. 8 years total MAX!!!!
If, as so many people are saying, we need to take back our country, then this is the way.
Showing most recent comments first
[Show in chronological order instead]
Respond to this blog
Posting a comment requires free registration:
Thoughts from an old progressive
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
- Send email to Roy Pratt
Almost 65 and retired. Raised by an East Coast liberal. I am also a child of the sixties.
Hot topicsWelfare or Workfare?
(0 ~ 2:01 PM, Jul 19)
The times are changing
What the next World War might look like
Ever wonder what the air could look like without the EPA?