What this country really needs.Posted Monday, November 14, 2011, at 7:18 PM
1) A balanced budget amendment with REAL teeth.
2) The prohibition of borrowing from foreign sources.
3) The repeal of the War Powers Act.
4) A Constitutional Amendment requiring a fully funded Rainy Day Fund equal to 50% of the most current budget and NO tax cuts until that occurs.
5) A limitation on budget increases year over year of no more than 3% after inflation.
6) All declared wars must be fully funded. If borrowing is required, money can only be borrowed from Americans.
7) Funds for natural disasters may be borrowed, but only from Americans. (These things can't be budgeted for)
8) Real honest to God campaign finance reform!! NO PACS, NO SUPERPACS, NO CORPERATE CONTRIBUTIONS, $2000 LIMIT ON INDIVIDUAL DONATIONS. Now if a candidate wants to self fund a campaign, so be it, but it can't be a LOAN to a campaign. I am freaking tired of elections being BOUGHT BY THE HIGHEST BIDDER!
9) A national Primary Day with campaigning limited to 6 weeks prior to the primary, 4 weeks till the convention, then the general election 6 weeks thereafter.
10) Term limits for Senators and Representatives. 8 years total MAX!!!!
If, as so many people are saying, we need to take back our country, then this is the way.
Showing most recent comments first
[Show in chronological order instead]
A View From The Independent Side
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
- Send email to Roy Pratt
I'm an almost 61 year old transplant from California 6 1/2 years ago. I work in road construction, those dastardly flaggers. My family roots go back to New England farms, not the big city. The last town I lived in when in California grew from 16K to 40K in 10 years, and that was enough to drive me out. I don't engage in or tolerate name calling. Name calling reduces an adult discussion to grade school play yard level. I have never served in the military, but have family members who have, dating back to WW1. I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican. I am neither extremely Liberal or Conservative. I am raising my 16 year old grandson, not what I expected at this age, and dealing with those issues as well as my health and near retirement which are 2 things I intend to talk about. I decided to try my hand at this thanks to the warm welcome I have received on Mike's blog. When I take a position, I will defend it until I am shown that I am mistaken, and when that happens, I apologize. There are other things about me that will come out over time I'm sure.
Hot topicsThis is a Man and a Company that GETS IT! A celebration of what America should be about!
(43 ~ 7:25 AM, Mar 2)
What the next World War might look like
Ever wonder what the air could look like without the EPA?
News flash from Fox News
MARRIAGE IS CIVIL RIGHT ( RITE) AS WELL AS RELIGIOUS SACRAMENT